Last week, a man in Indonesia was beaten up by a group of people, and was then burned alive by the crowd after being accused of stealing three sets of loudspeakers from a mosque. Continue reading Cruel!.. Man Burned Alive After Wrongly Accused Of Stealing Speakers From A Mosque in Indonesia
Masjid Al Aqsa in Jerusalem is the third Holiest site on the face of this planet for Muslims. It’s sanctity is so important in Islam that it is in fact mentioned by name in the Quran.
The teenage boy accused of setting fire to Europe’s largest mosque causing £12m of damage has been cleared of arson.
The boy, aged 16 and from Walton, was arrested after CCTV footage caught him walking out of a store cupboard in Baitul Futuh mosque in Morden, south London, minutes before it erupted into flames.
It was claimed that he used a barbecue lighter to ignite flammable gel in the larder on September 26 2015.
Management at the mosque had been preparing for a wedding on the day of the fire, one day after 13,000 worshippers had packed into it for Eid.
A jury found the boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, not guilty of two arson charges on July 10 following a four-day trial at Kingston Crown Court.
The boy was acquitted of arson being reckless as to whether property and life were endangered and an alternative charge of arson
At least three Palestinians have been killed, according to local media, and hundreds more injured amid mass protests over new Israeli security measures at the al-Aqsa Mosque compound. Continue reading Muslims are barred from entering Al Aqsa Mosque. Brave Palestinians decided to fight back – 3 have been killed (update)
Jumuʿah (Friday) prayers have been cancelled at al-Aqsa for the first time in 17 years after shootings Continue reading Israeli Zionists siege Al-Aqsa mosque and cancelled Friday prayer for the first time in 17 years – 3 Palestinians killed
Islamic State militants blew up the Grand al-Nuri Mosque of Mosul and its famous leaning minaret, Iraq’s military said in a statement, as Iraqi forces seeking to expel the group from the city closed in on the site. Continue reading ISIS blows up historic mosque in Mosul where Baghdadi declared caliphate as they retreated (video)
In the first chaotic hours after the Quebec City mosque massacre, police detained two men: a French Canadian and one born in Morocco.
Plenty of outlets reported both arrests. But no one did it quite like Fox News.
The Canadian, Alexandre Bissonnette, was mentioned nowhere in Fox’s tweet Monday, which announced: “Suspect in Quebec mosque terrorist attack was of Moroccan origin.”
Mohamed Belkhadir was quickly released and cleared of involvement, but Fox’s tweet stayed up for nearly two days — until the Canadian prime minister’s office wrote the outlet to demand a retraction.
Belkhadir later explained that he’d been trying to help people killed and wounded in the attack when police picked him up.
“He said he had been clearing snow off the steps outside the mosque when he heard gunshots,” the Guardian reported. “When the noise stopped, he called 911 and entered the mosque.” He fled when an armed man arrived — not realizing it was a police officer.
Bisonnette, meanwhile, surrendered and is now charged with carrying out the attack by himself.
Anyone who clicked the link on Fox’s tweet would have read a story in which Belkhadir’s ethnicity led the news.
“One of two gunmen who shouted ‘Allahu akbar!’ as they opened fire at a mosque in Quebec City was of Moroccan origin,” Fox wrote, quoting a witness and local reports, according to a Google cache of the original story.
Along with the erroneous tweet, those details spread online into anti-Islamic circles and helped create a false narrative that the attacker was Muslim.
“As I predicted last night, the shooters in the Quebec mosque attack are Muslim, as is generally the case in these circumstances,” blogger Pamela Geller wrote, linking to the Fox Story.
But Fox didn’t seem in any hurry to take down its old tweet about the Moroccan mosque suspect, which kept being shared for another day — until the leadership of Canada took offense.
“These tweets by Fox News dishonor the memory of the six victims and their families by spreading misinformation, playing identity politics, and perpetuating fear and division within our communities,” Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s communications director wrote to Fox.
“To paint terrorists with a broad brush that extends to all Muslims is not just ignorant — it is irresponsible,” wrote spokesperson Kate Purchase, who shared the letter in a tweet.
“We ask that Fox News either retract or update the tweet to reflect the suspect’s actual identity.”
Sure enough, Fox then took down the offending tweet and released a statement of its own.